April 12, 2009

Grandma sewing


"Grandma sewing" was the priority last week. One of our Queensland grandsons is having a Mother's Day stall at school and I have been asked to make some items they could sell. They have to be light and 'postable' and as I was looking for something that could be done in front of the Tele at night, I have gone for mostly hand-stitched items. Here is a little keyring.






And I like this little cutie:















Then I tried my hand at this little cupcake pincushion. I really didn't enjoy the process of hand-stitching this, so if I make another one it will be done on the machine.







Earlier in the week, I decided I really needed to clean up my five boxes of Anchor stranded thread. They were looking pretty messy and I had run out of some colours. Loving husband very kindly wound a whole pile onto bobbins for me.









And here's a photo of some beautiful flowers I received for my birthday last week:


Happy Easter.
Val

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Mum, I like all your Mother's Day bits and pieces, but love the bee hive one the best. As you probably remember, I'm a bit partial to bee things! Nice birthday flowers! Ebony suggested we give you flowers for your birthday... a bit difficult being so far away... one of them also suggested we give you some fabric! They know what Grandma likes!