I used the broderie perse method of applique, just cutting out various flowers, leaves and buds from the main fabric and blanket-stitching them onto the pink fabric. It's a quick and easy method and I like to use it occasionally when I'm in a hurry. The big advantange is that all the details such as petals, veins, and colour are all there without having to add anything.
Of course I couldn't stop at one, so made another two. Here's a sneak peak of one that I have sent off to a magazine which will hopefully be published next year:
It was also on the plan last week to make final preparations for the Creative Craft Retreat at which I will be teaching in Queensland later in the year. The design is not really a bag but it functions like a bag and can be carried over the arm! That's all the clues for now! Here's a sneak peak: