May 3, 2009

Pincushions

I'm still on a pincushion roll! I love using felt as it is so versatile and tolerant and instead of having seams to hide the edges, the stitching becomes part of its charm. So the cupcake addiction was put aside and I went on a roll with making birdhouse pincushions!

Of course, I couldn't stop at one... or two!

I also finished off another project that has been sitting around half finished for a while. This is part of the bag I was making and I love the way it turned out:


The rest of my time has been spent on preparing for the launch of my Free Block of the Month Pattern, "What is Love?". I hope to upload the first of the little stitcheries next week, so keep an eye out for it and let your friends know.

Happy stitching!

Val

6 comments:

Butterfly Dreams said...

Hi Val,

I love your little birdhouses,they are so gorgeous! And I'm looking forward to your "what is love" patterns.I'm happy that you want to share them with us. :)

kind regards from germany

Barbara

Anonymous said...

wow!!
your pincushions are really cool!!!
lots of bright colours to!!

Janelle said...

Love your bird houses Mum... you can make me one of those too!

Inch Quilts said...

I was wondering if you have a pattern for the birdhouse pincushion? I just love them.
Nadine

Karen said...

The mushroom block with the yo-yo's is very pretty!

Rosie Davis said...

Those are the cutest pin cushions!!

I anxiously await the debuting (can't spell) of your first block of the month!

Rosie Davis