June 19, 2011

Free Pattern - Consider the Lilies Pattern 6

It seems ages since the last instalment in the Consider the Lilies free Block of the Month pattern.  Maybe it's because an awful lot of things have happened in our lives in the last four weeks! A car accident and an Order of Australia Medal weren't on the To Do list, but we feel abundantly blessed through both of these significant events.

Pattern 6 is now ready for download on my website.

There's a little toadstool:

which is attached to a block of thin rectangles:


which is then attached to the little bird from last month to complete the lower half of the block.



Then there are a couple of sweet butterflies:


which will join on to April's block to complete the top half of the block:


Then you can join it all together:


to complete block 2 ...

and now you have the patterns for HALF the quilt.


You can join Blocks one and two if it makes you feel good!

I hope you are enjoying making this quilt as much as I am in sharing it with you.

We had a friend from interstate stay with us this week for five days, so there was very little sewing done. We were out in the beautiful Queensland winter sunshine for much of the time, enjoying spotting birds, revelling in the beautiful scenery and being constantly thankful for being able to live in my dream location.

I loved watching this little baby Australasian Grebe:

... was delighted to see a spectacular Regent Bowerbird:


... marvelled at how elegant the Black-winged Stilts are:


and found plenty of water in the waterfalls:


Hope your week is full of blessings too.

Happy stitching,
Val

7 comments:

Penny said...

Thanks for the new block Val. Love the toadstool!

Allie said...

VAL - this is gorgeous - oh THANK YOU for this beautiful block! So pretty! And your birds, my goodness we don't see anything like that around here - they're really fantastic!

Penny P said...

Thanks very much Val for the new block patterns, especially for making time during the recent upheavals, both good and bad! I'm trying to keep up with the sewing on these, as I do so much enjoy your expression of the message the pattern gives.

KaHolly said...

Love the little mushroom block!! And those birds, oh my!! I don't see anything like that here in the NE of the US!!! ~karen

Marsha B said...

Val thank you for this new block, the quilt is beautiful! I can hardly wait to see what comes next.

Rian said...

Hi Val,
Oh, I like the next pattern, it is georgeous. I have saved it on my computer. A few weeks ago I finally started, I found some great fabrics. As soon as I have finished the blocks I take a picture for you. At the moment I have a pneumonia, so I am so very tired last 2 weeks. I even didn't take my embroidery..... at the moment it is getting better, but not as fast as I would like. My doctor told me it will take aprrox. 6 weeks before I feel the same as I first did..........In the meantimes I enjoy the pattern. Greetings from a wet Holland.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Val, this is just beautiful! You have a gift for bringing the Lord's words to life in needle and thread.
Bless you!!
Hugs
Jenny
xxxx