June 26, 2011

Where has the "Get up and go" gone?


I've been having one of those months where I don't seem to be accomplishing much at all in the sewing realm. Winter is never the best time of the year for me, and my "Get up and go" usually does exactly that - It gets up and goes right out the door!  However, I am ever so thankful to now be living in a place with a wonderful climate that is so much kinder to my body in the cold months. Our overnight temperatures drop down considerably but most of our days are very pleasant and the sun is warm enough to take off the jacket. LOVE it! And we've now passed the 21st June and
OUR DAYS ARE GETTING LONGER! 

Come Spring, hopefully I'll get my "Get up and go" back where it should be.

Just as well some of the projects that I designed in the summer months are now coming out in print, otherwise I wouldn't have much to show you!

I love to use shades of purple/lavender/mauve in my designs, so had fun with the Garden Bows Cushion:


It's in the current issue of Handmade magazine
... and here it is on the front cover:


Don't you love Kris's Lavender Lil bear with her sweet little hand on my cushion!

Then there was this little gift bag.
It appeared in Handmade's Christmas in July issue:


It's never too early to think about Christmas!

On the positive side, I have three or four projects that I have started over the last few weeks.  Only trouble is they have stayed "half started" - stitcheries done and just sitting there, a Christmas present ready to be put together, fabric purchased; I even dug out some wool to do some crochet.  I'd like to get some of them closer to the "half finished" stage soon - or even better, actually completed!  Having said all that, we have had a visitor to entertain for five days, a mountain of paperwork to process, a few outings to enjoy the warm sun, and the garden has had some attention so that it is all looking neat and tidy again.

I guess the "Get up and go" has been a bit diverted lately!

Happy stitching!
Val

6 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Val! Lovely designs as usual. Well about your " get up and Go"- It may have gone on a holiday with mine! I am so disorganized at the moment. Doing or trying to declutter in the house, seems like there is more mess than ever before. I told DH today that there is a proverb " The longest journey starts with just one step" I will have to keep reminding myself. Of course there is always " flylady" on the 'net, but I will persevere!
I don't know if you read a lot, but I can recommend a lovely book- it is not a large "tome"- "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo- a most uplifting book!
Have a lovely Sunday! your friend, Sandy. :)

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I love living in this part of the country too!
Your cushion looks lovely and in my colours too, I might have to take a look at that magazine!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Val! I'm in the same boat!! I keep telling people I was meant to be a bear and hibernate through winter! :0) I'm doing the 'several projects started' thing too, though was a good girl today and finished writing some instructions ... only a few weeks later than planned. SIGH! Roll on spring, I say! :0) Have a great week - Bear Hugs! KRIS

Christine M said...

Hi Val. More lovely designs. Your cushion looks great. I love those mushrooms!

StitchinByTheLake said...

My get up and go must be with yours somewhere! :( blessings, marlene

Rian said...

Hi Val,
Your days getting longer, but here on the other side of the world, they are shortening. At the moment it is summer and I hope the nice weather of this moment will stay some longer. Tomorrow it is the last day of the schoolyear and then the kids are 6 and 7 weeks free.
greetings from holland