November 16, 2014

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Pattern 11


The last set of instructions for the free
"Shining like the Dawn"
wall quilt is now ready for you.


I hope you enjoy making this design and I'd love to see photos of what you do with the pattern. You can download the last instructions here. All the patterns for this wall quilt are still available on my free pattern page and will remain there until 31st December.

I hope to have my
Four weeks of Christmas Giving
up and running again this year. For the next four weeks I plan to give you a free pattern each week. I have one ready but I had better get my skates on and get the other three organised! Look out for a delightful Christmas tree ornament next week! 

I rather like satchels so when I was asked to design a bag with country theme, this is what I came up with - Needle in a Haystack:


It has applique, embroidery and a little bit of whimsy.


You can find the pattern in Country Threads Vol 15, No 8.


Occasionally I grow my own pumpkins like on my satchel, but we don't have a lot of room, so other vegetables are more of a priority. One of the first things I did when we moved into our new home was to buy some herb plants. My mother always had home-grown herbs in the garden and for many years I have had a few pots of my favourite herbs. At the moment, I have mint, parsley, rosemary, basil and thyme and I love the freedom of being able to go and pick some whenever I want. In honour of that, I designed The Herb Garden project a couple of years ago:


It has always been one of my favourite designs, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to learn that it had been chosen to be featured in the Homespun So Pretty 2015 calendar.


I didn't really have any hopes, other than having an outlet for my work, when I first started designing in 2005. My dream was to find someone who thought my work was of a good enough quality to want to put it in print.  Being published in seven magazines was way beyond any dreams or expectations that I ever had. Now to top it off, we're a calendar girl! I feel so blessed and privileged to have travelled this creative journey.

Happy stitching!

Val

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val, thank you for a great project. I have made just one of the quilt blocks. I have saved all the instructions and hope to finish that lovely quilt soon. So many projects, it seems so little time! Thanks again.

Evie H.