November 23, 2014

Free patterns for Christmas

Thank you for finding my blog post. Unfortunately, this page is something I wrote many years ago, and circumstances have changed, so I now charge a small amount for my patterns.

However, there are still a couple of free Christmas patterns available. Check them out on the Freebies page


You can see Christmas patterns here:


My other patterns can be accessed from the Pattern page:


The first of my free Christmas patterns is ready for you today.


Feel free to share the logo above on your blog, Facebook or wherever you like!

The first pattern I have for you is a Christmas Dove ornament. It's a traditional decoration, symbolic of peace, purity and love. It's a reminder to me of God's great Christmas gift to us - Jesus - the only one who can bring true peace to our hearts - and to the world.


You don't need much equipment to make one and it won't take long,  so I hope you enjoy making some lovely Christmas Doves. Imagine how beautiful they would look in white felt with gold or silver embellishment.

You can find the pattern here in my Craftsy store.
Don't forget to email me some photos of the Christmas Doves that you make.

Here's another really quick project of mine that you could make for Christmas - "Holly Rings":


They are serviette rings made or burlap/hessian with a little bit of lace, applique and embroidery.


You can find the pattern in Handmade magazine Vol 33 No 1:


I've had a very happy week - completed two projects that I am quite ecstatic about, sent off three designs to magazine editors, had a wonderful family celebration and began playing with my new Electric Quilt 7 software!

On the "To Do" list this week is to make some mug rugs for Christmas presents and I'm itching to start designing a quilt with my new programme. There's some lovely fabric in the stash crying out to be used!

Happy Stitching!
Val



13 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

Hi Val, I am just having a look around your blog. You have some great projects which are very inspiring. I have put you on my blog list as I have a lot of readers who love sewing. Have a great week.

Chel

gracie said...

Thank you for a sweet design.

Kate said...

You're a sweetie, Val. Thank you for sharing. ^^

Melody said...

Thank you so much for this gorgeous pattern, just delightful.

Briar Rose said...

Thank you Val,
I love using felt, your Dove is beautiful.

Sisbabestitches said...

Such a lovely and meaningful ornament Thanks so much for sharing it Val :)

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful Dove. Thank you so much for this lovely freebie.
Carol O

Christine M said...

Your Christmas dove is lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us, Val. xx

Unknown said...

Hi Val, Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone, it is beautiful. :)
Warm wishes Liz xo

Tammy said...

Thank you for the lovely dove ornament pattern.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the Dove. I love it in green, especially! Your napkin ring idea is a great one! If I start now, I could have four special napkins and napkin rings ready for Christmas ... probably!

VĂ©ronique Rose said...

merci Val, pour cette bien jolie colombe,
bien amicalement
rose

Sam One Liberty said...

I have a similar dove pattern(has two wings) that I use every year, sometimes the dove alone is the gift and others I've attached to a package. Either way the dove is sent, in my mind it is representing the God of the bible in spirit! Lifted my spirits when I saw your dove and more so after reading that your dove to is a reminder of Jesus for you too