June 26, 2016

Children - gifts sent from Heaven

Hubby and I are back home after spending 10 days with our family at the beautiful Whitsundays. 


It's a tropical paradise and in spite of some drizzly weather, we were able to enjoy a number of bush-walking outings.


As daughters do, Janelle produced a pile of mending and altering to keep me occupied. With four growing children, there's always plenty of that to do.  I didn't have to remind her of the saying below as she quoted it to me before I had a chance to mention it!:


We enjoyed meals at home and meals out, board games, movie nights and just hanging out together - there's nothing better than being with family! It was a delight to see our grandchildren growing into such delightful young people.

I always enjoy designing for children and I have recently put a couple of these designs in my Craftsy Store. My Refrigerator is an interactive wall-hanging, all the pieces being removable for pretend play.


The pattern is here.

Then there is the Shipshape Game which is a fun way of teaching toddlers shapes. It is based on the Memory Game and the pattern for the box to keep all the pieces is included.



You can find the pattern here.

Now to face a new week. We've been home four days and I've caught up with all the holiday washing, preserved seven bottles of pears, collected for the Leukaemia foundation, written some emails, have a hair-dressing appointment tomorrow and then I need to do some mending of my own. Hopefully the diary will be empty for a couple of days after that so I can put together this wall-hanging:


Be thankful for the gifts you have been sent from Heaven!

Val

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Welcome back home! I loved seeing all the cute games you have created with fabric.

Petal49 said...

It is a joy to spend time with your grown up children and grandchildren. I'm so glad you had a great time. I am definitely going to check out your children's patterns, especially the refrigerator.

Nanna Chel said...

Ha ha, more mending Val! At least you know what to expect when you visit. It would indeed be a lovely place to visit. I daresay your grandchildren are growing up very quickly as mine are which is very noticeable when you don't see them very often.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Seems like a great family visit. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos. The games are really terrific. I especially like the idea of the refrigerator one. No grandchildren here, sadly. But I'm intrigued by your birds!

FlourishingPalms said...

It sounds like you had a lovely get-away. I've been to the Whitsundays and know what a beautiful area it is. A bush walk-about would have been great! It's neat seeing the lovely, educational things you've made for your grandchildren. I hope these grandies know how fortunate they are to have such a talented grandma!