August 28, 2016

Wild about flowers

Spring is in the air where I live. Along with the prospect of wonderful warm weather, nature showers us with beauty in abundance at this time of the year.


My husband and I went for a very pleasant bush walk yesterday.


The sun was shining brightly and we soon forgot the cool overnight temperatures. 


Everywhere we turned, the wild flowers were poking their heads out of the bush.


Delicate fungi were peeping from logs.


We were actually hoping to see lots of birds, but the bush was unusually quiet.


I was happy that I had taken my camera as well as my binoculars, and was able to record some of the beauty we had seen instead on the ground.



My husband reckons I should make a wall-hanging with some of these flowers on it!


Inspired by the prospect of Spring, I looked in the stash and found some gorgeous fabric with an abundance of flowers:


and turned it into a bag:



It's easy to be wild about flowers!

Happy Stitching!
Val

3 comments:

Rengin Yazitas said...

This is miracle of earth. You're waiting spring time there, we are waiting amazing reddish, orange/yellow tones of autumn.
Thanks sharing for all those wonderful flower photos.
Rengin, in Istanbul

sunny said...

I love wildflower hikes in the Spring! What is the white flower with the serrated leaves? Your bag is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous flowers, thanks for sharing. Your bag definitely is right in the spring of thing! I love the looks of it.