December 20, 2015

Last Minute Christmas Craft

Are you all ready for Christmas? Bought all the gifts? Have you thought about that all important Christmas table and how you will decorate it?

Here's an idea you might like. 


The Merry Mittens Cutlery Holder. 
They are quick and easy to make and are fun and practical. I think they would be a great way of having the children involved helping you make them. They would have fun winding the pom poms too!

You can find the pattern in Handmade magazine, Vol 34 No 4.


and if you don't have access to the magazine, the pattern is in in my Craftsy Store for just US$2. 

There's nothing much else to show you in the way of stitching this week. I've had a sick husband with bronchial pneumonia and I'm very happy to say he has turned the corner and been given the 'all clear' to fly interstate to spend Christmas with our family.  

We've had the usual round of Christmas break-ups and parties. I seem to always land the job of running games and quizzes which is great fun for me with my quirky brain.

It's stone fruit season in Australia which means watching the fruit stalls for good prices so that I can buy in bulk and do some preserving. Nectarines are done:


and a few bottles of sliced peaches:


So far, I've preserved about 29 kilos of stone-fruit which will give us fruit for our breakfast cereal for six months or so. Hopefully after Christmas there will be mangoes and late varieties of stone-fruit available for some more preserving. It's a lot of work over a few short weeks but then we enjoy the benefits throughout the whole year.

Thank you for sticking with me on my blog journey again this year. I have loved having you along for the ride! Don't forget that there are only 11 days left for you to download the free Keys to Contentment wall hanging before it is removed on 31st December.

I will be busy over the next few weeks stitching the 2016 free Block of the Month project for you. Keep an eye out for it in the middle of January.


I hope you have a wonderful Christmas celebrating Jesus, who is the reason for the season and look forward to catching up with you again in the new year.

Hugs
Val




7 comments:

Christine M said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Val. I look forward to another year of your friendship. xx

Maryannep said...

Hello Val, I'm so pleased that your DH is well now and you will be able to fly away to your family!! Our family are coming to our place this Christmas and my 94 yr old father will be with us on January 11 for a couple of weeks. He will be here for my birthday, so that will be special!! Happy Christmas and Blessings to you and your family.

Maryanne

Kate said...

Merry Christmas Val and enjoy celebrating with your family.

Regina vicentini said...

Boa tarde Val querida!
Ando atarefada com os preparativos da mudança . Estou voltando para meus filhos lá no estado do Espirito Santo/Brasil. Estão faltando 1 Bloco e meio para terminar as Chaves do Contentamento. Creio que depois de acomodar na nova residência posso retomar aos bordados, mas já estou com os moldes todos. Obrigada pela oportunidade de aprender com você essas coisas lindas.
Beijos
Regina

Createology said...

Great table decor idea. Your canned fruits look delicious. Merry Christmas Blessings...

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of canning, Val! It looks so beautiful, especially the nectarines. The mitten cutlery holders are just the cutest thing. It makes me wish I still did a holiday table.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Dear Val, I just wanted to drop by and wish you and your sweet family a blessed and holy Christmas! Many hugs, Jenny xxx