November 12, 2017

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Block 11

It's almost the end of the year ... and we're up to the second last block in the free Block of the Month design, 
Hand-picked Wardrobe.

What a great character to put on - forgiveness! - so hard to do and so rewarding when it happens. Holding a grudge does nothing but eat away at the person who holds it! 


Be ready to forgive; never hold grudges. Remember,
the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
Colossians 3:13 TLB

A skirt to go with the top from last month!:


Just one more pattern next month to complete the wall hanging! You will be able to download this month's block over in my Craftsy store here. Remember that all the blocks will be available until 31st December this year.

I had a great time teaching at the Creative Craft Retreat a couple of weekends ago. My ladies were all very enthusiastic about their Fun with Felt project.


Even better than spending time with lots of lovely ladies, was spending a week with my daughter who went to the retreat with me and then stayed on with us for a few days more!


She brought some embroidered blocks with her and the rest of the fabric needed to make them into a quilt, and she was happy to have "one on one" lessons on how to put a quilt together. It was almost complete before she left and since arriving home, she can proudly say she has made her first quilt! It's a modified Gail Pan pattern. Don't you think Janelle has done a lovely job?:

Image may contain: indoor

My stall at the Retreat went very well and it was lovely to have affirmation and be encouraged about my designs. 


What I hadn't expected was that I almost sold out of everything so had very little left for my next stall. (Note to self: Next time keep things aside for stall number 2!)


That put me in panic mode so I shut myself in my sewing room for 10 days to build up some stock again! You can see scattered through this post some of the towels I prettied up and a needle-case. 


I was so eager to get things made and ticketed ready for the second stall at a local quilt show yesterday, that of course I forgot to take photos of the rest of the things I managed to complete! Once again, it was great to meet ladies who have made my patterns from a magazine, or follow me on Facebook, or who have been in one of my local classes. A few ladies told me they can always pick something I have made, so I must have a certain style!!!

Now it's time for me to start work on two quilts that have been commissioned. One I should be able to complete in the next month, but the second one will probably take me a few months to complete. This quilting fun sure keeps me off the streets!

Happy stitching!
Val


2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

How exciting that you 'sold out', even though it put you in panic mode. Your designs are so pretty! The Gail Pan quilt turned out beautifully... awesome job for a first quilt!

Moira said...

Lovely goodies and patterns! And selling out of almost everything in your stall is a good problem to have!