August 22, 2010

Fantasia

I can now reveal another project of which you saw just a sneak peak some time ago.  It is my wall-hanging called "Fantasia" which has just been published in our fantastic Australian magazine, Country Threads.


Here it is on the cover:

and inside the mag:

and a close up of the centre panel:


Fans hold quite an attraction for me.  I have loved them from early childhood.  We actually used them quite a lot in the hot Queensland summer, long before electric fans and airconditioning were common!  And now I enjoy making them in patchwork.

..............................

On another note, Christine sent me a photo of some lovely coathangers she made using my free tutorial pattern, "Doing Frilly".  Aren't they just so pretty?


Hope you are having a great stitching week!

Regards
Val

11 comments:

sunny said...

That is beautiful!!! Is there anywhere else that I could purchase the pattern? Australian magazines are rather expensive in the US.

Allie said...

That's gorgeous Val! I love fans too - I used to have some pretty ones my grandparents brought me from their travels, I wonder what happened to them? Love the coat hangers!

Rita E in AZ said...

Fantasia is so pretty. I love your fabric palette, too

Vesuviusmama said...

Congrats yet again! You sure are prolific! I love fans myself, although I've never made a quilt with fans. One day...

Just Ramblin' said...

I love your quilt! I'm with sunny on finding a place to purchase the pattern as I can't find Australian magazines in my area. Nola

Christine M said...

Your easy instructions made them a breeze to make. Thanks Val. Regards, Christine

Val Laird said...

Thanks for liking my new Fantasia pattern! I have now put it up on my website. You can purchase it here:
http://home.exetel.com.au/val_laird/index_files/Page3179.htm

Teresa said...

Oh how absolutely pretty - I just love it. You design the most lovely things I have ever seen.

I have been working on a couple ETUI boxes to donate to my guild for our boutique. They look great, but mine do not stand up as pretty as yours. I used fastfuse as my stiffener instead of poster board and I am wondering if that might be my problem. They sure are pretty though, and I hope to put a picture on my blog soon.

busyascanbe said...

It looks like you had a great stitching week! That is so pretty!

Jytte R said...

Your 'Fantasia' is so fantastic that I have to do it at once. I just bought the magazine in Sweden and the layer cake with Garden Party in USA so I am ready to start.
Thank you.

Linda in Calif. said...

Everyone that picks up the magazine will be thrilled to find you lovely pattern in it. Congrats! Your work is really wonderful.