April 12, 2020

Happy Easter ... and how come there are food photos on my blog?

Happy Easter! How amazing it is to know that Jesus is alive! 

That is GOOD NEWS in a world that is full of bad news at the moment. I hope you are all doing OK in the unprecedented circumstances in which we find ourselves at this time. To prove how unusual the situation is, there are actually photos of FOOD on my blog - something I don't think you would have ever seen in the last ten years!!!

I have never made any claims to be a good cook. I always say that I wasn't in the right queue when the cooking gifts were handed out. My kind family tell me that the meals I prepare are good, but I don't know whether they are just being kind or really mean it!!!


I have been continuing with my goal to use what is in the house and turned my focus on the pantry. Our family took turns with meal preparation when they were with us for Christmas. When I had a good look in the pantry I found a few items that they had left for me that aren't normally there. 


I was very thankful for the milk powder I found, seeing I have only been able to buy 2 litres from the supermarket at a time which is not enough to see us through a week.


I have to admit that meal preparation is not normally high on my priority list, but I do try to get a nutritious, decent meal together in quick time.  Now with our present lockdown, there is more time to spend on meals and I have been particularly working on having more variety in our lunches.

   The couscous that I discovered has come in handy, and has now gone on the shopping list as we like it so much!


A tin of chickpeas, some quinoa and sweet potato became this curry:


In the days to come, I want to try a few new things for our evening meal, not so easy when hubby is a meat and 3 vegies man!

Today I have sent out Block 4 of the More Precious than Jewels Wall Quilt. 


Our 'good woman' of Proverbs 31 is very astute. She is trusted with buying property and is very careful in inspecting it well before she parts with her money.



She is obviously disciplined in her buying and is able to save and has money put aside. 


Then she makes good use of her savings and spends it on something that will be of benefit to her family.


It's not too late to join in this Block of the Month, and you can read all about it and join the programme or purchase just Block 4
here.

May you enjoy the blessings of the Easter Season throughout the whole year.
Val

No comments: