April 9, 2023

It's Easter Sunday here in Australia. What a wonderful day, full of hope and life and joy. How amazing to worship a Saviour who is alive and active and powerful and able to meet every need of the human heart!

On top of the blessings of the amazing events of Easter, I am thrilled to have family with me over this long weekend. Two of our grand-daughters are being married this year and I had the joy of making and giving one of them this coat hanger for her wedding dress.



The other grand-daughter couldn't be with us in person but I am sending this one home with her parents for her to use for her dress:


I knew I would find a use one day for that beautiful lace!


It's rather special to have two family weddings to look forward in a year!

The April pattern in the
Timeless Truth 2023 Block of the Month wall quilt has been distributed. Once again it has great words of wisdom from the Bible:



If you wish to join this  project, the cost is a one-off $20 which covers the whole pattern for the year. 

I don't seem to have accomplished much in the last few weeks. It's been too hot for gardening and I haven't made much progress on my embroidery. It's one of those months where I seem to unpick more than I stitch! Maybe I was too focused on enjoying some adaptations of Charles Dickens' novels with my daughter. We became so engrossed with Martin Chuzzlewit and Our Mutual Friend that we stayed up far too late so we could finish the stories! 

It's wonderful to savor the moment and spend time together as our daughter lives far away. We even managed a 9-hour shopping marathon and came home with just the right dress and shoes for the mother of the bride, plus some other special items. We prayed before we left home and the Lord looked after and directed us in amazing ways. Another customer even declared that it was a miracle when she saw how God had arranged a whole set of circumstances in advance, so that the perfect shoes were there to match when we walked in the store - shoes that are not stocked by that store, but were a return from an online purchase, in the right size, the perfect colour, a lovely style and a comfortable fit. We were abundantly blessed that day!
 
I hope you are enjoying the wonderful blessings of Easter and finding some time for stitching!

Warm regards
Val

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, Val, what a wonderful shopping experience. I know that God is involved in the very details of our lives, the things that will make us happy are important to Him, and most especially where family is concerned. Family is most important to Him. What great blessings for you to be able to make and give those hangers, a true heirloom gift.