April 13, 2014

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt Pattern 4


Today I have for you another free mini quilt pattern in our 
"Shining Like the Dawn" 
block of the month quilt:


Patience seems to be in short supply in our 'instant' world of today! It is said that “delays find us out” and that certainly is true in my experience.  I love how up-to-date the Bible is. These words were written centuries ago, and yet they are as relevant today as they were then.

Be patient and wait for the LORD to act.
Psalm 37:7

I hope you enjoy stitching another uplifting quote.  You can download the free pattern here.

Our daughter and her four children were with us for the whole week, so there were lots of cuddles and very little stitching done! Our daughter-in-law and her two boys also came one day. It is so delightful to see their different personalities and their amazing talent. All sorts of creative things were going on - stitching, drawing, loom band jewellery, recycled crafting, story writing, inventing party games ... It does a grandmother proud to see all that creativity!

I sent daughter-in-law home with a box of goodies for the school Mother's Day stall - potholders, needlecase, bag, drawer sachet:


Heart sachets:



Key rings:



plus lovely crochet bookmarks.  There's now a couple of weeks to get organised for our Church market stall just before our Australian Mothers' Day.

I was given a beautiful bunch of flowers early in the week. I hadn't really looked beyond the roses and chrysanthemums, so I had a lovely surprise when this beautiful lily opened a couple of days later. Now as the roses fade, there are two of these giving me delight:


After I rearranged the house back to suit just the two of us, I thought I had better also get my paperwork in order. Commissions seem to have been appearing in all sorts of corners lately and I was beginning to feel I didn't have a handle on it at all. So now I have a neat list with ten commissions in date order so I know what I have to tackle next. Four are due in the next 5 or 6 weeks, so it will be head down and tail up now the family has gone home.

I hope you enjoy the blessings of the Easter Season.

Val




6 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Your things are always so lovely.

Christine M said...

Lovely little projects. Happy Easter to you too, Val. xx

Anonymous said...

What lovely things you donated. Lucky those who eventually own them. It sounds like you've been busy in the best possible ways and now you're going to be busy in totally different ways. Have a wonderful Easter and thank you for the pattern. This is such a good reminder. I guess people don't change a lot, even in thousands of years. =)

Carla Fiedler said...

Thanks again for the "Shining like the Dawn" pattern. Your fete goodie bag is lovely!

Marie said...

Bonjour,
Depuis que mon mari a sa retraite j'ai trés peu de temps ,et j'ai loupé le dernier post.
Que de mignonnes réalisation,comme quoi on peu faire de bien jolies choses avec trés peu de materiel!
Ravissant.
Doux week end

Createology said...

Thank you Val for Block #5. Your stitchery art is always sew calming and beautiful. I have read your past posts to catch up and I adore each and every project. Those little hearts and tags are simple yet sweet and perfect for little mailed gifts. Creative Embroidery Bliss Dear...