May 14, 2017

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Block 5

Block 5 in the free Block of the Month Wall Quilt
Hand-picked Wardrobe
is now available for you to stitch.


The classy little jacket is a reminder of our theme verse:
So, chosen by God for this new life of love,
dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you.
Colossians 3:13

I hope you enjoy stitching this block. You can find the pattern here in my Craftsy Store.


Last week I had a lovely email from June who belongs to the Kilham Quilters Group in the UK. The group recently held an exhibition to raise funds for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Yorkshire Cancer. June made my Garden Dreams perpetual Calendar in time for the Exhibition and you can see it in the centre of the photo below. The exhibition was a great success and I am so pleased to know so much was raised for these worthy charities.


The Calendar was one of my earliest designs and I still love everything about it, especially the box to keep all the pieces in!


 If you are interested in making it too, the pattern is available here in my store.

I've managed a little bit more applique work on my quilt - cherries this time:


... and started another couple of projects. That's four things going at once, which is about the right balance for me I've discovered. There's one with plenty of machine work, another ready for stitching at the drop of a hat, another that needs time to prepare appliques, and a commission with a deadline. I like to have things at different stages and then I can choose what to do according to how I feel, what time I have available, what interruptions I'm expecting, or even maybe what the weather is like! Then of course I'm already planning another design or three!

Happy stitching!
Val 

4 comments:

sunny said...

I agree that multiple projects in various stages are necessary. I know one quilter who only works on one project at a time. Horrors!! Your block of the month is gorgeous. And I really like the calendar. I'm not sure if I've seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

Guida said...

Thank you for this pattern. Guida

Createology said...

I always enjoy visiting and seeing what you are creating. Four projects is about the number my Grandma always had going at one time...two knitting and two crocheted projects and then of course something quite unique up her sleeve too. Me...I can only manage one thing at a tine and not very well most of the time. Always Creative Bliss...<3

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful jacket. I wish I actually had one like that! Thank you so much for the pattern. It sounds like there's never a dull moment at your house. 4 good projects!