June 25, 2017

More Fun with Felt

 In my last post I told you about the "Fun with Felt" class I will be teaching at the Creative Craft Retreat later in the year. The class has limited numbers so that I can give individual guidance to the ladies. This means they will have a wide range of choice, both of design, and felt and thread colours, rather than everyone doing the same thing.


I am going to encourage them to choose their design before they arrive so that they don't waste the first hour trying to make up their minds which one to embroider!


I was going to email them a dozen or so designs that I have drawn, from which they can choose ... but how boring is it to see a black and white drawing on a computer screen!?!   

I decided it would be much better to show them worked examples, so I've been having my own 'fun with felt' time and been stitching some of them:


We will be working on a small rectangle of felt which can be put on a bag, or Ipad or Journal cover or made into a needlecase or pincushion - ideas only limited by one's imagination. 


I am really hooked on felt at the moment!



Candy from Capetown recently sent me two photos of block of the month projects that she has completed. Here's "Keys to Contentment" from a couple of years ago:


and last year's free pattern "You are Blessed":


Hasn't Candy done a lovely job! Now she is starting on this year's "Hand-picked Wardrobe". If you want to join in this free Block of the Month programme, all the patterns from the last six months are still available and will remain free until the end of the year.

I hope you are having as much fun with your stitching as I am.

Val

4 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

Val, I have never been to the Creative Craft Retreat. It does sound like it is very enjoyable. Actually I have never been to Perseverance Dam and I have lived here for 40 years. LOL! I am sure all the ladies will have a great time.

Little Penpen said...

These designs are beautiful. I was drawn to the butterfly right away and I love the crochet (?) edges you put on it. I love the pic of the green completed quilt from your design. Such happy color!

Anonymous said...

Great designs! If I were coming, I'd pick the bird. They are all wonderful, and none would be disappointing to do, but I like bird blocks. Your students are lucky!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Your felt designs are beautiful, Val!