August 13, 2017

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Block 8

For some people, "discipline" is a dirty word. In these days of "I can do what I like, when I like, and how I like", personal discipline has largely disappeared from our society.


But not so for those who love God. He has asked us to "Clothe ourselves with discipline", because He knows that this is the life that will satisfy us best, make us most productive, and make us a blessing to others. 


As you can see, "Discipline" is the theme for this month's block of the month free pattern,

So, chosen bv God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you.  Clothe yourself with discipline." 
Col 3:12-14


You can find the free pattern here in my Craftsy Store.

I seem to have spent the whole week writing up patterns. I have three quilts nearing the stage where they are ready to send off for publication. While in themselves the quilts are not complex, they have lots of different parts, and so there are pages and pages of details that I have to think about and try to write up in a way that can be easily understood. By the end of the week, I needed a break from them so that I can come back refreshed in a couple of days and pick up anything that is unclear, inaccurate or missed altogether!


My break has come in the form of starting on two cushion covers. I was given some beautiful Japanese fabric which has motifs designed to be used individually, not in yardage. They cried out to be made into cushions for our Family Room. One of our daughters has been in Japan for more than 30 years, so we have some of their amazing dolls scattered throughout our home, so these cushions will fit in perfectly. 


I've started the process and have prepared the appliques. They are going to look great on our grey lounge suite. With just the backing and binding to do, I am hopeful they will soon be on show!

Have a happy week!
Val

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

How cute! I love the little blue jeans! I went to Craftsy and viewed all your patterns today. You have some very pretty things there.

Anonymous said...

How lovely those cushions are! Thank you so much for the discipline pattern and for including that. I find what you do - society here in the U. S. is NOT about disciplining ourselves to ensure happiness, but blindly searching for it in wild and undisciplined ways that will never find it.

Gina E. said...

I agree with your sentiments on discipline Val. I am so glad I didn't have children; I doubt if I would have been able to tolerate their behaviour if they turned out anything like the last two or three generations...
Love your Japanese cushions! I have just completed a quilt and a matching table runner using fabrics sent to me by my longtime penpal in Tokyo. If you get time for a peep, I have posted photos on my blog.