April 18, 2010

Rose Delight

Roses are definitely right up there for me!  They would have to be the flower I most love to embroider and I've spent years developing my signature style of grub roses, always hoping one day to work a perfect one!  Some of my sweet little buds have been nearly there, but one day I might make it with a full-blown rose!  Thankfully, the imperfections seem to be hidden fairly well when there are a lot of roses and I was quite pleased over all with how my Rose Delight Etui turned out.  You saw some sneak peaks last year, but here's the whole picture now that it has been published.


And the other side:

and here it is open with all its little pockets and a pincushion for your stitching necessities:

If you want to look at some close ups, you can go back here.

The Etui has now been published in Australian Country Craft and Decorating Vol 21/9 if you would like the pattern.

 
For those of you who do not have access to our wonderful Australian magazines and you would like to purchase the pattern, I have put it on the website.

Happy Stitching
Val

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Val that is absolutely gorgeous and your grub roses look fabulous... well done...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Janelle said...

Mum, I don't know what your roses have to look like to be perfect... I think your word 'perfect' has a different meaning to mine! They always look gorgeous and are far better than most I've ever seen! The etui looks great!

Bev C said...

A lovely project and yes roses are one of the best things in this world. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Sandy said...

Thank you soooo much for offering the lovely BOM. I made the PEACE pattern for my minister's wife but I changed the word to HOPE. I did the entire pattern in embroidery, which came out just as nice. Karolyn said how sometimes she feels like she doesn't have enough hope and I thought it would be a nice reminder. They have an autistic child and sometimes he can be a handful. Thanks again for thinking of others.
Your husbands cross stitch is really fantastic..

Joy said...

I just LOVE your etui .... the one I've kept from a magazine is from Country Threads and it's applique'd ... I think this one is even prettier!!! It's definitely on my "To Do" list - along with many others LOL ... Oh for more hours in the day ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)