July 7, 2010

Free Tutorial - Bullion Stitch Roses

I've had a number of people ask me how I do my "Grub" roses, so I thought I'd put the instructions on the web for you to download.  I hope you can follow the "how to" step by step.  It is easier when I'm teaching a class and can get people to turn their work around the right way, or grab the needle before they push it right through or move their thumb to the right place, but hopefully the notes will be of assistance.

The tutorial is on my website - scroll down to the bottom of the page.  Here are a few examples of how I have used the roses in my designs. 

A bevy of scissor-keep pincushions:


And this velvet needlecase is one of my favourites:


And you might remember this little Etui:


Another pincushion:


You'll see more on my web page.

Happy stitching!
Val

8 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

They're all such sweet projects!

Unknown said...

I agree with Jo , so very pretty !

Sew Useful Designs said...

Thank you Val! You're projects are gorgeous... I shall most definitely be visiting your website and revisiting my bullion knots so I can make these sweet roses. Thank you once again!! :-)

Vikki x

Tudy said...

Thank you for the tutorial. I may try them soon.

Allie said...

These are too sweet - love the velvet - I'm going to have to give this a try! Thank you so much for doing a tutorial for this!

Janet said...

Your little scissors keeps are lovely. I'm not a very accomplished stitcher, but I'm going to try the roses. Thanks so much for taking the time to do the tutorial. Hugs.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Thankyou, Val for your tutorial. I have never done those roses but always admire them, and the scissor keeps are just gorgeous. Would love to be able to make something so nice as Xmas gifts! bye for now, Sandy. :-)

Terri said...

Thank you SEW much!! Do I ever need some help with these!!