December 16, 2018

Going Green and Gold for Christmas

In the 1980's, green and gold were formally recognised as Australia's national colours. They are the colours also of our National Floral emblem, the golden wattle.


I decided this year that our Christmas Tree would have a green and gold theme - not to be patriotic, but because I like the colour combination and have a few decorations that would fit the brief.


My gold colour is nothing like our brilliant wattle, but, as you can see, is the metal colour, ... all that glitters here is definitely not real gold!


 The colour scheme needed a 'lift' so I included some of my white decorations.


- Bells and snowflakes which I've crocheted over the years.


The holly leaf, one of my four "All is Calm, All is Bright" Decorations which are super quick to make and a bargain at just $US 3.00 for 4 patterns.


This gorgeous tatted snowflake was a precious gift from one of my lovely blog friends.

Whatever colour scheme you have for your Christmas celebrations, I pray you will have a beautiful time with your family and friends, and that you will have time to pause and think about the real reason for the season - the amazing gift of the baby in the manger who was born to be King!

"King of my life I crown you now."

Happy Christmas!
Val

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Your tree is beautiful and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all good Health and Happiness throughout 2019.