June 14, 2020

Making a house a home

We have a very nice house. It is spacious, light and airy, tastefully decorated (well I think so anyway), clean and tidy (if you don't look too closely) and has in it absolutely everything we need (plus probably lots of things we don't really need!)


However, it's not a home, unless it is filled with love, contentment and peace. Sometimes in the effort to keep up with all the house-keeping, it is easy to neglect the homemaking side of life.


Our More Precious than Jewels quilt block for June is all about homemaking.

Our good woman in the Bible has plenty of skills which she puts to good use around the house.


However, the thing that stands out is the diligence she puts into homemaking. It requires a different kind of effort to pervade a house with love, so that it becomes a home where all can feel comfortable.


If you are part of the BOM group, your Block 6 has been forwarded to you. 
If you would like to join, it's not too late. Have a look here for details.

I don't have much else to show you in the stitching realm. I had a bad fall while out pruning our hedge when I tripped over a branch sticking out of the ground. I landed on my hand (thankfully my left) and it is still quite sore, so haven't been able to use it much. 


Maybe it's time I made some concessions to my age!!!

Happy stitching
Val


7 comments:

Ingrid said...

Que hermoso trabajo. En mi caso, estoy haciendo las paces con mi casa. No es la casa con la que siempre soñé, pero ya entendí que el hogar es donde uno esté y hay que hacerlo lo más confortable y agradable posible, para sentirse bien mientras toque estar allí.
El maltrato en tu mano izquierda puede ser un aviso de que debes aminorar la marcha. Más despacio. Cuidate mucho. No son tiempos para enfermarse ni sufrir accidentes.
Recibe un fuerte abrazo de esta seguidora de muchos años, desde Venezuela!

Susan said...

Ouch! Your hand looks terribly painful! I hope it isn't as awful as it looks and heals quickly. Somehow, I managed not to download blocks 2 & 3 that came to me. I don't know what I was thinking - I'm blaming it on the pandemic. =P I'll pick them up later when you put this for sale on a website.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Thanks for another beautiful block, Val! Please take care of that hand...looks very uncomfortable and swollen!! Prayers for quick healing.

KaHolly said...

A delightful block! Oh, your hand looks so sore! You are very lucky not to have damaged it worse that that, although it’s bruised quite badly. Get well soon!

Nanna Chel said...

Val, it is so easy to bruise oneself when getting older, isn't it? I am quite surprised at times when I find bruises on my arms or legs where I have obviously bumped something. I have exercises to do for improving one's balance. I just have to find where I put the sheet of instructions. LOL!

Unknown said...

I hope and pray your hand is healing - getting old has its disadvantages - I know I had a very painful fall a few years ago now on my right knee. At least I could continue on with my knitting. Hope you can get back to normal soon.

R's Rue said...

Feel better