May 26, 2020

Being preserved during Covid-19 Pandemic

Right at the beginning of Covid-19 lockdown in Australia, God gave me a lovely verse from Psalm 121:8. You might remember that I designed a free pattern for my readers (see here). I did something then that I have never done before, and that is give you a pattern before I embroidered it myself!


Since that time, in between other projects, I have embroidered the pattern and completed it. Then, as often happens, the finished design sat for a few weeks waiting to be made into something useful.



The more I looked at the embroidery, I realised my original idea of making it into a sewing folder wouldn't be ideal because of its shape, and what needed to happen was that it be made into a sweet decorative cushion.


It was very quick to put together and it now sits in my sewing room, reminding me of God's wonderful promises.


The free pattern is still available and you can download it 


I am happy that I have been able to complete another couple of jobs that I have been putting off for a while. One was painting a downpipe! Last year a plumber put in a new downpipe to solve a gutter problem and that white piece of pipe has been annoying me ever since. With a bit of effort, it is now cream to match everything else!

 

The other job was doing something about the mould that had very quickly appeared in our Ensuite once we started getting cooler days - too much moisture and not enough airflow probably. The mould remover didn't do anything so it was time to attack it with some Grout Whitener which I was thankful to find in our garage so I didn't need to go out and buy it! Some more effort resulted in our Shower looking like new!


I hope you are doing well and staying safe in our 'new normal'.

Happy Stitching!
Val

4 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

What a lovely cushion, Val. I love that scripture verse. It has been cold here but the sun is shining again and the sky is blue ☀️

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Thank you for this beautiful pattern, Val. It is so appropriate in the time we are living! And I say a big AMEN!!

e said...

Val, This is just beautiful and I love this verse. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Susan said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful pattern. I noticed the butterfly had stem stitching, which I don't see often in Australian stitchery designs, and is one of my favorite stitches - well, the backwards outline stitch, anyway. Either way. Your coloring of the butterfly is so delicate and well done. It looks like you were busy with that bathroom. I need some of that stuff for around my bathtub caulking, I think. Clorox only works so long.