July 12, 2020

Reaching out

In these very different days that we now live in, the thing that warms my heart is to hear stories of people who are 'reaching out' to others.

Some have joined the Care Army to do errands for the elderly. Others have spent hours each week voluntarily preparing meals for front-line medical workers. Many have reached out to those who are in lockdown, caring for them both physically and mentally.


Our good woman of the Bible is one of the heart-felt stories that we read about in Proverbs 31. She doesn't take ages to think about whether she will respond. She is quick to help anyone in need and is always reaching out to help those less fortunate than herself. What an example to follow!


This week we had two lovely friends just pop in to say hello. They reached out to us two oldies and blessed us with their company and conversation. It really shows me how much we need each other in difficult times.



   So here we are with Block 7 of the More Precious than Jewels Quilt. If you are a member of the Block of the Month group, your block has been sent out to you. Don't forget to check your spam/junk folder if you don't see it in your Inbox.

It's not too late to join. You can find all the details here.



Thank you to those who sent me kind wishes after I damaged my hand. Eventually, when I saw the doctor and she looked at my hand, it was off to have it X-rayed. However, there are no breaks and it is just soft tissue damage which will take six weeks to heal, which takes it to next Friday. It is definitely heaps better, still a bit swollen, but this last week I have finally been able to press the left shift key on the keyboard! I was doing some crochet before the accident, so I am hopeful of finally getting back to that soon. I discovered I hold the thread tight with the little finger on my left hand, so that's been in the 'on hold' basket. Thankfully, I have been able to manage a needle and thread and my little tablecloth is going ahead in leaps and bounds.

Happy stitching!
Val

 







2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

What lovely thoughts about helping others. I am one of those who hasn't reached out because of my age and fear of COVID-19. I sure wish I could "do" without feeling unsettled about it. How nice that you have friends who stopped by! And I'm sorry to hear about your hand! But relieved for you that it's not worse. Though six weeks without being able to comfortably stitch must certainly be frustrating. Keep healing well and stay safe.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

So glad to hear your hand is doing better, Val! Thanks for another beautiful block!