August 9, 2020

More Precious than Jewels BOM Block 8

 God thinks quilt-making is something to be admired! 

Block 8 of the More Precious than Jewels BOM Quilt tells us what a great thing the good woman of the Bible does in making her own quilts. How cool is that!

The various translations talk about ‘bed coverings, bedding, bedspreads, sheets, coverlets and tapestries’, so it doesn’t matter what it is, the fact that the good woman made her own is highly regarded. 


Then there’s a word about how we are dressed. I think the principle of the Bible is that we should be pleasantly dressed for each occasion, in a way that doesn’t draw attention to ourselves by being over-dressed, under-dressed or immodest, and we accept graciously any compliment that comes our way! 



The new block is now in the hands of all our BOM'ers, but it's not too late for you to join the fun.

You can see all the details here: http://bit.ly/Morepreciousthanjewelsblocks

This time of 'Staying At Home' has meant that I have finished a long-term embroidery project. I showed you a couple of months ago

The supper cloth I was working on is now complete, largely thanks to watching Church online for months, when I allowed myself the luxury of doing embroidery while I was watching. I find I really can concentrate a lot better when I am doing something with my hands!
Now that I can crochet again with my hand much improved, I have been working edges on fabric squares, which again is a long-term project when I'm not doing something else. I've decided not to start any new designs for a little while as I am tackling a lifetime of papers! In all our moves, none of our thousands of files, papers, notes, etc have ever been culled. The last thing I would want is for our children to have to sort them out when we are gone, so it is time to do something about it. 

Hubby and I were in Christian ministry for more than 50 years, and he has preached hundreds of sermons, produced dozens of Bible Studies, and taught and lectured for most of his life. So many people have been blessed by his ministry that I decided some of the treasures of his lifetime of work should be made available to many more people. I have therefore produced a website with everything on it freely available for people to use as they like. It's a work in progress, but I've made a start. If this is something you might be interested in, have a look here and feel free to share with your friends.

Until next time, 
Happy Stitching!
Val

5 comments:

Sherri said...

And here I was thinking I was being daring by drinking coffee while watching on-line church in my pj's ;-) I love your opening comment about quilting. I am sure our creativity is of great interest to our heavenly father.

Susan said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful pattern. I had no idea your husband was a minister or had produced Bible Studies! I am going to go right through the things listed and pick something to add to my Book of Mormon Studies for the rest of the year. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful resource.

At church, we study the Old Testament every 4 years, and then the New Testament and then the Book of Mormon and then church history and Doctrine and Covenants, but I often supplement with additional studies, because you can never learn enough! This year has been a lot of independent study with guides from the church, since we've only recently started going back, and only twice a month and only for the main part, not Sunday School at all. It's been different, some good, some not so much, but I miss the spiritual feeding of everyone gathered together.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Thank you for another beautiful block, Val! So glad your hand has improved and you can now crochet again. What a great tribute to your husband to create a website to share his ministry. Thank you both for your service to our Lord. My father-in-law was a minister, and my mother-in-law was right there with him leading and organizing.

Jason Roy said...

Useful information shared.. I got good information to read this article, thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.
king size pillowcases

Christine M said...

Your supper cloth is beautiful, Val. Hope you are keeping well. xx