August 30, 2020

Thimble & Thread Stitching Folder and Pincushion

If you have looked around my blog before, you will notice that I just LOVE making beautiful Stitching Accessories.


There is something about designing, stitching and using pincushions, needle cases, stitching folders and tape measure holders, that fascinates and thrills me. And the prettier they are, the happier I am!


My Thimble and Thread Stitching Folder and Pincushion set was published last year in Homespun Magazine, but I had never got round to making it available for people who don't have access to that Australian magazine.


The Folder has embroidered pockets for your notions, a tape-measure holder, pocket for your scissors, pen holders and some felt to store your pins. It's ever so useful for carrying to a craft group or sewing circle and would make a great gift for your stitching friend.

 Thimble & Thread Set is now available in my Pattern Store for the price of $AU 7.50, which gives you both the pattern for the very useful Stitching Folder, plus the lovely hexagon Pincushion, so you get two for the price of one!


I decided to go with lovely pastel fabrics for this design, but it would look just as good in something bright and cheery.


Here in Queensland Australia, we are fighting a second wave of Covid-19. This pandemic looks like it is not going away any time soon! Hubby and I are content to stay at home most of the time. I don't even go to the supermarket. Buying online and having someone else put things in a trolley and deliver it to my door seemed like the way to go at the height of the first wave, and I have just continued on that way for the last five months. I don't miss going to the supermarket at all and as things have turned out, I would now have difficulty as hubby can't be left on his own, and he is not able to race up and down the aisles with me anymore.  


We went physically to Church today for the first time since March. Church have been allowed to meet for a few weeks under a rigid Covid-safe plan, but the weather has prohibited our going till now. We have enjoyed 'attending ' Church online for all these months, but there is something special about meeting together in one building! 

So our life continues, differently in some ways, but in all the essential things just the same as always, knowing that our amazing God is totally in control of the world and of us!

Happy stitching!
Val







5 comments:

Carlie said...

I just love this! your design is really charming and would be a joy to use while stitching. Covid is also still going on here in the states. I have been slowly going to the shops but I always wear my mask. Stay safe!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Beautiful stitchery. If I traveled to sewing groups anymore this would be very helpful! I understand staying in as much as possible! Hubby usually does our grocery shopping as I can't stand for very long without pain, but Friday I went with him and rode on a scooter buggy. I enjoyed being out. If people would just follow the direction signs on the aisles! Most were wearing masks, but seem to be unable to read!! Our church began meeting again in June but as we meet in a school and school started back a few weeks ago, we made the decision to opt for online viewing starting last week. I'll miss being on the worship team, but that school had two Covid cases the first week, and being high risk, I'm trying to play it safe! Have a blessed week, my friend!

Sherri said...

That is a very beautiful pattern Val. It is lovely that you are able to return to church. I miss attending mine but having watched on-line I am just not feeling confident that social distancing will be easy to maintain. It is so easy to forget not to shake hands or hug. And now here in Queensland there are more areas under restrictions and Queenslanders are now being urged to wear masks it seems possible that the authorities are expecting numbers of infected may start growing again.

Sharon said...

This is lovely Val... I love the cotton strand unraveling from the reel with the hearts and flowers...
Cheers
Sharon - Melbourne

FlourishingPalms said...

Your designs are always so sweet. This would make a lovely piece to take to sewing time... if/when that ever happens again. Like you, we're staying at home all the time. Since hubs does all our cooking, he does all the grocery-shopping, in the store, alone. Why expose me to something too? In fact, I haven't left the house for five days, which is really sad. Worship is still on-line, and I'm very grateful for that. Even though Florida numbers are declining, because we live in a retirement city of 112,000 people (45 deaths), we're not taking any chances. I am sure more-than-ready for all this to be behind us.