You have already heard that I had a monthly project planned for 2021, but it was not a normal "Block of the Month" quilt. That's because it is comprised of HEXAGONS! So let me introduce you to
- is designed to use up your scraps.
- has hexagons which require only small pieces of fabric for the backing/borders and appliqués.
- is portable - no sewing machine required.
- is full of appliqué and embroidery.
- has 22 hexagons, so the programme will run from January - November, with two hexagon patterns sent each month.
- has designs each month which are complete in themselves.
- can be stitched together to make a wall-hanging or to form whatever shape you choose.
- could give you the opportunity to try out a few new embroidery stitches.
- measures 12¾ in x 33½ in (32 cm x 85 cm) and the individual hexagons are 4½ in x 5¼ in (11.5 cm x 13.5 cm).
Join the 2021 Gentle Gems Hexies of the month full programme at the cost of $15:
Here are the two Hexie patterns for January:
If you wish to purchase the Apple Hexie pattern separately, go here:
If you wish to purchase just the Wheelbarrow Hexie pattern, go here:
Thank you to my kind blog readers who expressed their care for me following last week's post. I really appreciate the love and concern you have shown. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reply by email to everyone as some of you are "No Reply-comment bloggers" which does not allow me to see your email address. I have responded instead to your comment underneath that blog post. Thank you to all who have said they will pray for me - wow, that blows my mind and fills me with hope!