February 27, 2023

Snakes, Sniffles and Snazziness!

We are only about 100 metres from bushland, so occasionally we will see a snake or two, but I have only seen three snakes in my garden and the evidence of one other in 12 years living in beautiful Sandstone Point.

One day the birds were going berserk and I went out to investigate and a harmless Common Tree Snake  was meandering along the fenceline: 

Another day I was hosing my pot plants and another tree snake surprised me in our patio:

We had to avoid a venomous Red-bellied Black Snake on our walk down the beach another day:

My kind son-in-law was trimming my hedge one day and was very concerned when he discovered a large python snake-skin in the hedge. He is from New Zealand where they don't have any land snakes, so he was very nervous about keeping on with the job, but he completed it and we didn't actually see the harmless snake.

More recently I was bailed up at my front door with a tree snake trying to climb up the screen door to get in the house! I went outside into the yard for just a minute, saw the snake in the garden, and it immediately headed for my front entrance! I couldn't get back in the house for two or three minutes till he decided he wasn't going to be able to get in the house. Didn't have my phone with me, so no photo!


What's that got to do with sniffles and snazziness? - nothing except they all begin with 'sn'!

I was all excited last week when one of my grandsons was coming to stay for a long weekend. Unfortunately he acquired a cold, and so the sniffles won out and we decided I didn't really need his cold, nor did I want to take it into the Aged Care facility, so the visit had to be postponed till another day.

Now for the snazziness! My friend's 65 year-old doll now has a snazzy little outfit! I showed you her cute little shoes a few weeks ago:


Now she has a bonnet:

and a pretty little dress:


Aged Care visits are very conducive to getting lots of crochet done!

Happy stitching!
Val

2 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

Val, I really don’t like snakes. I know they must be around but I don’t see them thankfully. The little doll outfit is really cute. Chel

Susan said...

Growing up in the desert with rattlesnakes, I am not afraid of them, but non-venomous ones are more fun. =) You've had unique encounters! Too bad about the sniffles, hope another chance comes soon for a visit. The doll outfit is wonderful. The painted eyes are different. Probably not when it was made, but now.