August 11, 2024

Godliness with Contentment is great gain!

I live a very circumscribed existence ... and I am very content with it!!! I've had a very full and satisfying journey through life - and still do! 

I don't have any more great ambitions! I reached the top in my jobs. I always had this secret desire that one day my craft would be recognised, and amazingly I became an internationally- recognised craft designer, and Craft Magazines published more than 200 of my original designs. I am blessed that my gifts of administration and craft are still being used.


Hubby and I have been married 58 years and have raised a wonderful family. There are now 41 of us, and we are still growing!

My circumstances are far from perfect. Being separated from my wonderful husband, my soul mate, through illness, is a difficult journey I walk each day.


There are a lot of things that I would like to have done, especially travel, which didn't happen. But, hey, I can sit in the comfort of my loungeroom and experience amazing scenery and places all around the world, at no cost, with photos taken at the very best angles at the best time of day by professional photographers!

I have certainly found the truth of the verse from 1 Timothy 6:6 that 'Godliness with Contentment is great gain'. As I have sought to put Jesus in the first place in my life, He has blessed me in ways I could never have dreamed. Lots of things haven't gone the way planned or expected. There have been lots of hiccups along the way; it certainly hasn't been a bed or roses, but His grace has been sufficient and I have had the 'great gain' of an abundant, overflowing life. 

Our God is certainly an awesome God, a verse which I have put on a crocheted bag I have made. 

Hope you like my latest creations.

Val

5 comments:

Tamara from Canada said...

Thank you, Val. You continually bless me in my journey of faith. How comforting to know (and be reminded) that God's grace is sufficient for every moment. Every day you come to mind as I change the date on my perpetual calendar. Blessings

Sherry B said...

Blessings for you, Val. Like you, my life hasn't gone the way that I planned, but I also am learning to be content with what I have. I praise God every day as he has gotten me through this last month and a half of heart attack and recovery. He has given me a wonderful husband and son to help in my time of recovery. Take care of yourself and bless you again.

Val Laird said...

Sorry to hear of your health problems Sherry. May God continue to be close to you.

moon said...

Blessings for you

Moon said...

take care