July 28, 2026

Easing into a new way of life.

I'm slowly adjusting to my new way of life. A large part of my week is still filled with what I have been doing for a long time - administration for our Church.  However, now I have a few extra hours available for activities each day and I'm starting to enjoy a more leisurely lifestyle, going to a concert, having lunch with Church friends after Sunday service, and pottering around in my vegie garden. 


Some mindless Granny Square crocheting in front of the TV in the evenings has produced this little bag. Crochet is so easy, requires so little thinking, and accomplishes a lot quickly, that it has become my 'Go-to' craft for the moment. 


I plan eventually to get back into making things like this coat hanger frock some time. I made this one a couple of months ago, but motivation isn't there yet for that type of activity. 


I am enjoing this beautiful 'Jubilee Celebration' rose. One of my daughters gave me this rose bush to celebrate our 60th Wedding Anniversary. It was amazing that my hubby was still with us for that event, as he passed away just two weeks later. We've had a fairly mild Winter, and the first rose has bloomed already, a whole month before Spring. Its perfume is amazing.


I've also been enjoying watching these Masked Lapwings. They have decided to nest on the roof of my neighbour's garden shed, right in the corner adjacent to my rockery. They are a picture of dedication, sharing incubation duties, night and day, cold and heat, sun and rain and fiercely protecting the eggs if I get too close watering my plants. I enjoy watching them from my loung chair and am looking forward to seeing some babies in a couple of weeks. 

I am so thankful to God that I am able to enjoy life and celebrate the beautiful people and things He sends my way.

Val

No comments: