January 15, 2012

Free Pattern Launch - Thoughts in Thread


Today is the day!!!  My 2012 free Block of the Month Quilt design is officially launched!  Thank you to everyone who entered my poll to see whether you wanted the quilt to be revealed now, or month-by-month.  Of the 433 people who voted, 70% said they wanted to see the complete quilt right at the beginning.  That is an overwhelming response, so, close your eyes and scroll down if you don't want to see it all now!

Thoughts in Thread:


"Thoughts in Thread" is a wall quilt measuring 34 inches square and consists of nine blocks. Each month over nine months, I will give you the pattern for each block, then in the tenth month you will receive the finishing instructions. If you keep up each month, you will have a gorgeous Christmas present ready for someone special!


The concept of this design comes from a wonderful verse in the Bible: Philippians 4:8 -
 
Summing it all up: Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly—fill your minds with these thoughts. 

You can see that it is all about Thoughts, hence the title - "Thoughts in Thread". I hope you will really come to love this verse as we stitch our way through it in 2012.

The first block focuses on true thoughts.  I used a violin for this block because it is such a beautiful instrument.  However, if it is not truly in tune, or the notes are not played truly, it can be quite painful to listen to!  It's a reminder to me to only allow things that are true into my mind - not hearsay, or gossip or half-truth.


The applique is surrounded by some simple piecing and of course it wouldn't be my design if it didn't have plenty of stitching embellishment!  I hope you like it!


The design is completely free, but I would love it if you would put my “Thoughts in Thread” button in the sidebar of your blog with a link back to http://val-laird.blogspot.com. (Just right click and Save Picture As a jpg file onto your computer, then upload it to your blog.) Or you can advertise it on Facebook, or any other way you can think of.  Here is the button, designed by my lovely daughter, Janelle:



Now, over you go to my website where you can download Block 1- scroll down past all those patterns till you come to the bottom of the page. (I don't mind if you click on some of the patterns as you go past and have a good look. They are all available as e-patterns - ie you will receive them in your e-mail Inbox within 24 hours of purchasing them.)

Keep a watch in the third week of February for the next instalment and I hope you have fun choosing your fabric and starting on my new design.

Happy stitching.
Val




32 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

Oh Val...another gorgeous BOM....gosh it is truly lovely and I love your blog post :) Lots of lovely thoughts thats for sure. Hugs Vicki x

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's beautiful! Just beautiful!
xx

Rhonda said...

I think about that verse in the bible when ever I get stressed. It really helps. I will love doing this wall hanging.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Thanks Val- it is really beautiful, but I already knew it would be!!! So looking forward to doing this. :)

Rian said...

Another beautiful design. How great! I like it! O, and now I have to finish the Lilies as soon as possible....... do you offer some time too? There are so many things to do...

Christine M said...

A beautiful quilt Val.

miss~nance said...

Absolutley gorgeous Val. This verse is one of the verses I use all the time to get my thoughts back to where they should be, ficussed on God. Thank you......

Blessings

Gail

Sharon said...

Val, it is absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorite verses! Can't wait to pick out some fabrics and get started! Thank you so much!!!

Susan said...

Its very pretty and the thoughts are - once again - a useful reminder

Unknown said...

Hi Val. I am sharing your block of the month on my blog this evening.
:)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Allie said...

Absolutely a stunner, Val, I love this so much - I'm off to put your button on my blog, hon, thank you so much!

Fee said...

Congratulations on another beautiful design Val. It's gorgeous. Hugs - Fee X

Teresa in Music City said...

Thank you Val - it's beautiful!!! I've put your button on my blog with a link back to you. I am a new blogger, but hopefully it will bring you a few viewers.

Sue from Cyprus said...

Val, I have no words to describe this beauty. This is going to be a joy to make. Thank you for sharing with us your beautiful designs.
Hugs, Sue from Cyprus x x x

Karen said...

It's beautiful - now I really have to finish the last block of Consider the Lillies before I start this one. What fabric line did you use?

Quilt Kitty said...

Gorgeous Val - thanks very much. My version of All My Lovely Sewing Things made it in to the Readers Showcase for the latest Homespun too. So on to my next Val Laird design..... Tracee xx

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, this is so beautiful!! Thank you. I've added your button and I will spread the word as I get them made!

Susan said...

Whatever is praiseworthy, lovely or of good report. This is a wonderful project, and I look forward to all the patterns. I have to think some about colors in my fabrics here. Thank you for this one!

Susan said...

And, btw, I added you to the Variety of Techniques page on quiltbom.blogspot.com, hoping to help spread the word about this beautiful and spiritual BOM.

marina said...

what a lovely bom, thankyou for sharing.

Teresa said...

Thank you so much Val! It is lovely and I am eager to start stitching.

Kaylee said...

Thankyou Val for this gorgeous free BOM. Cheers Kaylee

Little Penpen said...

This will my first BOM group ever... I'm excited and plant to make mine have a scrappy look!

Little Penpen said...

Also, I added your pic. on my sidebar as a link to your BOM, but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Ondrea said...

Another lovely BOM from you. Thankyou so much for sharing your gorgeous designs with us all.

Little Penpen said...

Thanks...duh.... I got the button to work by taking out the extra http. :-)

Unknown said...

Hello again Val, thanks for your latest BOM "Thoughts in Thread". I was very happy to add your button onto my side bar, even though I hardly get a looker these days. May God richly Bless you and your family this New Year of 2012.

Maryanne

Erica at Sew So Crafty said...

Hi Val ... stumbled upon your blog while blog hopping & totally LOVE it! Your BOM is sooo stunning ... thank you for sharing your creations with us!

Margot said...

Thank you Val for this gorgeous BOM

Teresa said...

This is just beautiful Val.. Thank you so much for your generosity. I have added your button to my blog and I can't wait to make a start on the first block. Thank you again xx

Betty Rodriguez said...

I just know your blog and your work, I really like, it's gorgeous. I want to learn. Congratulations from Mexico.

Jenny's Place Online said...

This is the first time I have seen this gorgeous BOM. I'm happy to add a link to it on one of my blog 'jaunts' :) Many thanks, and happy crafting, Jenny