December 14, 2014

Free Pattern for Christmas No 4

Thank you for finding my blog post. Unfortunately, this page is something I wrote many years ago, and circumstances have changed, so I now charge a small amount for my patterns.

However, there are still a couple of free Christmas patterns available. Check them out on the Freebies page


You can see Christmas patterns here:


My other patterns can be accessed from the Pattern page:

The last of my 2014 free Christmas designs is now available. It is a very quickly made Christmas Bell ornament.


There are so many variations that you could do to put your own stamp on this simple pattern and they only take an hour or two to make. I hope you have fun making some for your Christmas tree. You can download the pattern here.

Go to 
to find the links for those and my other free patterns.

I'm a bit of an eclectic designer. I do patchwork, make quilts, work fine embroidery, love applique and dabble with silk ribbon embroidery. I enjoy all these facets of my craft and tend to rotate from one to the next so that I don't get bored, but I can't be too long without a needle and thread in my hand! I enjoy doing stitcheries where you get results fairly quickly and can use a range of stitches without the time-consuming perfection that is needed with fine embroidery. That is what is behind my "Singing Heart" stitchery, which is one of my favourite designs this year:


It appeared in the November issue of Australian Homespun magazine:



Stitching definitely makes my heart sing!

Val

9 comments:

semplicemente giusi said...

Bellissime !!!! grazie di Cuore ... saluti .. giusi

Kate said...

Val, your designs are proof that "stitching makes my heart sing".

Thank you for sharing your ornie design.

gracie said...

Love your pattern sand what a nice magazine spread..congratulations on having your design noticed!

Patricia said...

Thank you for the bells, very pretty.

Patricia

Christine M said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely bells, Val. Your new pattern is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the bells! So sweet. I love the pattern in the magazine, too. You are so talented!

Sue xx said...

more loveliness...you are very generous to offer these free patterns
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to seeing your stitching in the New Year
xx

Ondrea said...

Val, it's been a while as I lost you since I have been using my Samsung tablet. Great to have found you again . I wish you a wonderful Christmas with an abundance of all good things for 2015. Thankyou so much for sharing all your beautiful projects.

KaHolly said...

Sweet freebie! Thanks so much. I so love the pattern that was featured in the magazine. Your work is beautiful and clever as always.