October 11, 2015

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Last Pattern

Today I am giving you the last of the patterns in the 
Being the end of the block of the month programme means that most of the year 2015 has gone!!! It only seems yesterday when we were all worrying about the millennium bug when the calendar turned over to 2000!


You can find Pattern 10 with the finishing instructions to make the blocks into a wall quilt here.  With the pattern I have included a label for you to embroider and attach to your quilt.


All the patterns will remain available free until 31 December 2015. I'd love to see photos of your completed blocks.

Adornment - just because!
That's how I think of the door hangers below. They don't have a message like "Do not disturb" or "Please service my room" - they are just pretty things to adorn your door!



You can find the patterns of both the "Adorn-a-door" hangers in Country Threads magazine Vol 16 No 10.


Felt is such a wonderful medium to work with.


I know a lot of my blog friends live where Winter is just making an appearance. You might like to make this cutie for someone you love:


The pattern is now available for purchase in my Craftsy Store.

I was so happy to be able to attend the Brisbane Craft and Quilt Show last week. It's many years since I've been, so it was great to be there again to check out the latest and greatest. I attended two workshops, one by Monica Poole who calls herself the Quilt-as-you-go Queen of Australia. She showed us a QAYG method that I had never seen which I'm eager to try.

The other workshop was on lace dyeing and I've come home armed with a kit, lots of lace and plenty of enthusiasm. 


I'm now waiting for some play-time to appear like magic in the middle of my busy month! Family will be arriving soon and there's a big celebration to organise for my husband, so the whips are cracking! Meanwhile I dream of inspiration for some more stitching designs.

Happy stitching!
Val 

7 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

Goodness me, the last block already, Val. I will put that in my blog sidebar soon. That will be lovely having your family visit. I used to go to that craft show in Brisbane every year but haven't been for ages. I used to buy craft items and never did get around to using most of them. LOL!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Thank you so much for this BOM. Each one is so beautiful.

sunny said...

LOL! I hadn't done a label yet. I'm glad I waited. Thanks again for a be beautiful quilt. My quilt is going to Show and Tell on Tuesday, and then it will be hanging in my sewing room. Can't wait.

Carla Fiedler said...

Val, Thank you again for sharing this BOM quilt with us! I haven't started mine, yet, but am thinking about doing it in yellows and purples to hang in my kitchen. Just need to get started! Laces, hmmm, can't wait to see what you do with those!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the final pattern. I agree with you on time - it's speeding by! I love your adornments for the door - so cute! Have fun lace dying. I did a lot at one time for my CQ, but haven't done any lately, though I have all the dyes still. In fact, I just came across some of them yesterday, while straightening things up a bit.

Ondrea said...

OOO that owl is so cute! Thanks for the BOMs you have so kindly shared with us. Hopefully I shall complete the quilt before Christmas.

Natitxu said...

I like your blog. Visit mine!!
Hugs