September 12, 2009

Enjoying Spring

We've been catching up with our neighbours this week, now that we're back home after a couple of months holiday in Queensland. Everyone keeps telling us how much rain there has been and there is plenty of evidence to show for it.

This is our view out the back door - wisteria, peach, plum, nectarine, apricot, alyssum, impatiens and jasmine all in flower. You can imagine the perfume that accompanies it.



Then this is down the side of the house:
It was lovely to arrive home and to find everything flourishing for Spring.
To go with the Spring flavour, I thought I'd show you the latest Country Threads magazine. The cushion on the front cover, bottom left is my Spring Showers design.





And here it is in more detail inside:


The downside to all the rain is that the weeds have also flourished. I'm not used to having weeds in my lawn, so you can imagine how I've spent most of my days this week - painstakingly trying to dig them out, with a blister on my hand to show for it! It was a lot of hard work but it means I can get the sewing machine out next week with a clear conscience! Joy oh Joy!
Happy stitching!
Val

3 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Val,I have just discovered your lovely blog. I will be doing your beautiful Block of the Month. Happy days.

Julie said...

Browsing your blog and I see you are the designer of the very cushion pattern I have earmarked as a project I'd like to do. Your designs are truly delightful! I also love your Love is BOM.

Gina E. said...

Hi Val, thank you for your email in response to my question about your cupcakes. Just noticed the Spring Showers pillow design - that is so sweet! I love anything with parasols or umbrellas, almost as much as I love teacups and teapots designs.