May 25, 2014

What makes a good week?


It doesn't really take much to keep me happy! Contentment really has nothing much to do with what we have or don't have, but it's all about our attitude in our circumstances. Having said that, I was extra happy this week!

J I finished a commissioned bag:


I managed to organise a few of my recent patterns and upload them to the Craftsy Shop:


Our friends who hosted the Biggest Morning Tea for Cancer Council did a fantastic job and raised lots of money. Quite a few of my charity goods were sold:


The weather has been beautiful and warm! We are having what is perfect Autumn weather for me and yesterday was too good to stay indoors so hubby and I went for a good long bush walk. The area we love has the bush coming right down to the beach and there were some of my much-loved birds there - the Royal Spoonbill.  They are such fun to watch, whether it is flying with that huge big spoon out in front, or sweeping their bill in the water in search for food. They always make me smile:


On Thursday, my two new custom-built chests of drawers arrived:


For many years I have had all my fabric in plastic crates but I have found it increasingly difficult to lift them down from high shelves and even worse trying to lift them up to put them back. It probably has something to do with accumulating too much fabric that they are so heavy!

I was over the moon to find a cabinet maker who was happy to build exactly what I wanted to fit the space. I now have all my fabric in drawers where I have easy access - love it!


I started a new design! It uses the gorgeous Notting Hill range by Robyn Pandolph and has big hints of summer:


Then a sleepless two or three hours last night gave me the inspiration I needed for another wall quilt. Happy!

So yes, I had a good week!

I'll close by showing you my Purple Patch table runner which is in Patchwork & Stitching Magazine, Vol 15 No 5:


I love the purple and teal colour combination with the black highlights:


I hope you too have a great week!
Val

3 comments:

gracie said...

It certainly sounds like you did have a good week. Love the table runner and the drawers.

Sherry said...

Another lovely post Val, seeing your fantastic projects can immediately brighten my day. I must start searching for a source here in the US for the magazines hosting your beautiful stitchery. So happy for you getting your cabinets for your fabric. It is so nice to be organized isn't it? I'm still trying to achieve that goal but it will happen. I find I would rather stitch than organize. Have a great day!

Susan In Texas said...

I would say you had a VERY good week! Your cabinet is just wonderful; how are you folding your fabric to fit?

Take care,
Susan in Texas