June 24, 2018

Enjoying playing with Tilda fabrics

A few weeks ago I showed you one of the projects I designed using the lovely Tilda Sunkiss fabric range. You can see it here.


Of course, there were some bits and pieces left over from the fat quarters I had, so they were crying out to be made into something pretty.


 Just being pretty doesn't quite make the cut with me being such a practical person, so they needed to be made into something useful. The blue, green, and teal spoke to me of the sea. This is how they ended up - a Cushion/Pillow which I have called "Cottage by the Sea".


There's a little bit of applique, some highlight stitching, the Peace and Plenty block, finished off with some Prairie Points. I like the pops of bright pink for accent.
The pattern for the cushion can be found in my Craftsy Store here.

I'm still making goods for a Craft Stall later in the year, and started a bit of a production line with some coat hanger frocks.


I used the "Doing Frilly" pattern which has been free on my website for quite a few years. I have updated it and it is now free in my Craftsy Store here.


I am so pleased with how they turned out.

I've been honoured this month to be featured in Australian Homespun magazine.


It's a wonderful magazine which you can receive digitally if you live elsewhere. Details are here.

Another of my Tilda quilts will be published soon - so look out for more quilt delights.

Happy stitching!
Val










7 comments:

MartinaM said...

Very beautiful work, yes Tilda fabrics are beautiful, I like them too.
Have a nice Sunday, Martina

KaHolly said...

Such delightful little goodies! It’s a great idea to use up your scraps as you go. Tilda fabric is so nice to work with. I won a bundle during the winter and had so much designing and making a little quilt to showcase the fabrics for a blog hop. It’s available in the states now! I love your coat hanger frocks, Val. They would make perfect, unique gifts for those ladies who have everything! ;)

Little Penpen said...

I love the coat hangers... I need to check out your pattern. These would make fabulous gifts! You've been busy!

Angela said...

Everything looks fantastic. You did a great job!

gracie said...

Wonderful projects.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I have not gotten my hands on a Homespun magazine but have read countless blog posts that talk about it so congrats to you for the feature. Aren't Tilda's fabrics gorgeous...love seeing what you are making with them. They are almost impossible to get here in Canada.

Gina E. said...

Tea party quilts and runners are just my cup of tea (excuse the pun, lol!) and your designs are always so pretty.
I was excited to see you in the Homespun magazine! It's about the only craft magazine that I still like now, so many of my old favourites have gone.