December 13, 2020

The blessing of a daughter's visit!

 This week I had the joy of having our younger daughter come to stay with us. She is such a blessing to us and a huge support for me personally. We normally only see each other on Skype, so I was over the moon to have Janelle physically with us. She did all the cooking, looked after the dishwasher, managed the washing and drove us to medical appointments. She wanted to know what else she could do to assist me, so I asked her to find a couple of photos and some negatives that I had been looking for unsuccessfully. 

When she looked in my catastrophic photos cupboard, with random photos scattered in packets, folders, plastic bags, frames, albums and just hanging loose, she decided that something needed to be done about the chaos! With her analytical mind and prowess for sorting, this is what it now looks like!:


There's a box for each of our four children and their families so it will be SO EASY to find what I want in the future. Janelle tells me it's only a start, and she has a lot more sorting to do! Bring on her next visit!!! I am the envy of all my friends, who want to borrow her to sort out their photos now!


I thought I would give you a few more sneak peaks of the 2021 monthly design that I have planned and tell you that it is called "Gentle Gems".
 

There are 22 small parts to the wall hanging, so the project will continue for 11 months, obviously with two patterns each month. 


Gentle Gems is hanging in a hallway and makes me smile each time I walk past it. I hope you like what you see too!



The plan is to release the project in the second week of January 2021, so keep an eye out for it.

We've just about made it to the close of 2020 and that means to the end of the 

More Precious than Jewels Block of the month journey. 

I know some of our BOM'ers are right up to date, and others are collecting the patterns to work later and others' plans have gone astray - what else would you expect in 2020!

When you do complete the quilt, I would love to see a photo of your work of art. It always thrills me to see how others have interpreted my design and the different colours that are chosen.

Here is our final block:

Our BOM'ers have received their pattern for Block 12, plus finishing instructions and a design for a quilt label. If you have just discovered this lovely wall quilt based on Proverbs 31, the complete pattern is available for purchase here:

This will be my last blog post for 2020, so I wish you the blessings of the Christmas Season as we celebrate God's amazing gift of Jesus.

Val



3 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

How wonderful that your daughter could come for a visit! I'm envious of everyone who's blogging from Australia and New Zealand because these freedoms are not ours here in the US. Holidays are spent alone, as we continue to self-quarantine. How great that she sorted pictures for you too! I remember doing that dirty work about nine years ago, as we purged in anticipation of a cross-country move. Best thing I ever did was scanning pictures and getting rid of photo albums. As always, your embroideries are charming. I'm glad to see that you continue to create and share. Merry Christmas!

Nanna Chel said...

Val, how lovely to have Janelle visit and she is quite welcome to come and do my photos too 😁.Have a wonderful Christmas and I pray that 2021 will bring you much peace and joy.

Wendyb said...

Val you are truly blessed with an amazing daughter and I'm sure she thinks she's the blessed one! IT really is a horrific job sorting photos....ive tried and they've ended up back in the cupboard, as is! I Don't think I'll ever see my son organise them for me...he's not into photos! Your sneaky peeks are enticing and I can't wait to see it in the new year. I'll be sure to table it in to stitch along. Have a wonderful CHristmas....may the Lord bless you and yours during the holiday season.
Big sugary hugs :o)