October 31, 2021

Spring has sprung

Spring has well and truly sprung in our area and there is new growth everywhere. Many of my plants have a story behind them - given by one of our lovely family, or a friend, or a special occasion gift. I even have an orchid taken from my grandmother's plant (which I have carried from house to house in our many moves over the last forty years!) 

This clivea is the great-grand-baby of a plant that I gave a friend 30 years ago, but never owned one myself. She gave me this baby a couple of years ago and it flowers every spring, bringing with it many wonderful memories:


I love hanging baskets and I was able to buy these clever retractable hanging pulleys so that the plants can be at various levels. It also means I don't have to climb on a ladder to lift the plants down. I like to put them out in the yard when God blesses us with lovely soaking rain, as they thrive on that, compared to tap water!


The Tahitian Bridal Veil has grown very quickly:


I will soon have to transfer this Silver Lady Fern to a bigger pot:


There are two magnificent Magnolia trees in the courtyard outside of hubby's room and they have just started flowering. What a sight:
\

In between admiring all the plants and flowers, I have been playing with Tailwind, a great program that helps you design Instagram pictures and Pinterest Pins.


Tailwind does most of the work, and I just do a bit of editing to finish them off.


 It's a load of fun and a bit addictive, and I am happy to have my projects presented with a bit of professional flair.

My main focus at the moment is completing the 2022 Block of the Month design. I am so happy with it. I have even done some pattern-writing! There are lots of parts to the project, so no chance of being bored with it! 

Happy stitching!
Val

1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

I sure admire your apparent ability to nurture and grow such a variety of plants and blooming things. Your hanging baskets, and the pulley system look so good! I can't imagine creating a set-up like this. It looks really inviting. I want to sit in your little "jungle." The Tailwind app looks interesting. I'm sure it's fun, like a new toy to play with. Your stitcheries look impressive.